Professional elements (traits) -
Teacher competencies listed by NCTE.
M.Sc., M.Ed., JRF & NET
Assistant Professor in Physical Science, Arafa Institute for Teacher Education
According to NCTE the following capabilities and competencies are essential for a teacher:
• Physically fit and healthy.
• Active and Energetic.
• Emotionally stable.
• Aware of self.
• Socially warm & friendly.
• Intellectually – love for teaching.
• Have principles & values.
• Subject Specialist with grasp and depth & up to date knowledge about subject.
• Appropriate teaching skills.
• Ability to try out innovative methods of teaching.
• Develop inter personal & interactive skills.
• Be open to Criticism.
• Achieve the goals of the institution.
• Working in collaboration & coordination.
• Be a leader.
• Developing rapport and & friendly environment.