B.Ed. Teaching Notes-Methods of Teaching Science
M.Sc., M.Ed., JRF & NET
Assistant professor in Physical Science, Arafa Institute for Teacher Education
Ø Teaching Method
The method of teaching refers to the regular ways or orderly procedure employed by the teacher in guiding the pupils, in order to accomplish the objectives of learning situations.
Ø Need of different teaching methods
1) To attain different objectives different methods are needed.
2) To make classroom teaching more effective interesting and motivating.
Ø Characteristics of a good teaching method.
1) It should provide a variety of learning experiences to attain the learning objectives.
2) It should give scope for creative expression of child.
3) It should promote interest among students.
4) It should make children self-learners.
5) It should motivate the children for further study.
6) It should give training in processing information.
Ø Factors to be considered while selecting a teaching method.
1) The Objectives to be attained
2) The nature of child.
3) The cognitive level of child
4) The nature of subject matter.
5) Classroom environment.
6) Training/Practice of teacher in the method.
Science Education by Dr.K. Sivarajan